We are currently recruiting for Full-time Support Workers for our Supported Living Service in Stanmore, London. Our full-time hours of work are 38 hours per week.
Our Supported Living Service in Stanmore is a large property comprising of 4 flats in the leafy surroundings of Stanmore,London. The service provides 24 hour care and support to people on the Autism Spectrum.
The Support Worker Role
Your role will be to provide practical support, including intimate personal care and completing all the relevant documentation promptly and accurately. You will ensure that the living accommodation is respected as someone’s home, carrying out any domestic duties, such as cleaning, washing and ironing, that is necessary. As a Support Worker you will work as part of a flexible team across a seven-day rota which includes early and late shifts with opportunities for extra hours.
Requirements for the Support Worker Role
• Putting the people we support at the heart of all we do
• Ability to challenge yourself, learn and develop in what you do
• Ability to challenge bad practice and hold people to account
• Ability to reflect and improve service delivery
• Commitment to our values
• Passionate about what we do and willingness to work within a team
• Great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions
• A basic level of English and Maths is also required
• IT Literate
We are committed to developing your individual skills to help you reach your full potential and we offer a comprehensive induction and training programme and opportunities for career progression. So, if working in an environment where every day is different, the work is challenging but also rewarding and you really want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support, then we would like to hear from you.
We offer the following Benefits
• We offer funding towards NVQ (RQF) Level 2 in Health and Social Care
• Staff Loan
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Additional annual leave after 4 years’ service to a maximum of 38 days.
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV or an application form, outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to HRAdmin1@hfa.org.uk . If you would like to discuss the Support Worker role in more detail or have any questions about the role please contact Winnie Bengo on 0203 640 7494 or email Winnie Bengo at HRAdmin1@hfa.org.uk